Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC)
National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), Bangalore proposes that every accredited institution should establish an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) as a post-accreditation quality sustenance measure. The IQAC is meant for planning, guiding and monitoring quality assurance and quality enhancement activities of institute.
Maintaining the momentum of quality consciousness, IQAC works as a mechanism to build and ensure a quality culture at the institutional level with appropriate structure and processes and with enough flexibility to meet the diverse needs of the stakeholders. The IQAC should become a driving force for ushering in quality by working out intervention strategies to remove deficiencies and enhance quality.
Composition of the IQAC
IQAC may be constituted in every institution under the Chairmanship of the Head of the institution with heads of important academic and administrative units and a few teachers and a few distinguished educationists and representatives of local management and stakeholders.
The composition of the IQAC may be as follows:
Academic year 2019-20
|Sr.No.||Category||Name of Member||Designation|
|Head of the Institution||Dr. Eknath Khedkar||Chairperson|
|Senior administrative officers nominees||Dr. Niranjan Shegokar, Dean (R & D)||Member|
|Dr. Nagesh Shelke, HOD, Civil Engg.||Member|
|Mr. Santosh Koditkar, Librarian||Member|
|Mr. Gorakhnath Deshmukh, Registrar||Member|
|Faculty nominees||Mrs. Bhagyashri Dhakulkar, HOD, Comp. Engg||Member|
|Mr. Sharan Inamdar, HOD, ENTC Engg||Member|
|Dr. Rahul Bachute, HOD, Mech. Engg.||Member|
Nominees from Management
|Adv. Dr. Sushant Patil, Campus Advisor||Member|
|Nominees from local society, Students and Alumni||Dr.Ashok Nagarkar, Senior Scientist, DRDO, Pune||Member|
|Mr. Aquif Tamboli, BE(Automobile)||Member|
|Mr. Himanshu Dudeja, Marketing Manager, Infosys, Pune||Member|
|Nominees from Employers /Industrialists/stakeholders||Mr. Sandip Patil, Sr. Manager(Purchase)
Badve Engg. Pvt. Ltd, Pune
|Mr. Prakash Tamrakar, Director, BC div, Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment,
|Senior teachers nominee||Dr. Shreepad Sarange, Asso. Prof. Mech. Engg.||Member|
The composition of the IQAC will depend on the size and complexity of the institution. It helps the institutions in planning and monitoring. IQAC also gives stakeholders or beneficiaries a cross-sectional participation in the institution’s quality enhancement activities. The guidelines given here are only indicative and will help the institutions for quality sustenance activities.
The membership of such nominated members shall be for a period of two years. The IQAC should meet at least once in every quarter. The quorum for the meeting shall be two-third of the total number of members. The agenda, minutes and Action Taken Reports are to be documented with official signatures and maintained electronically in a retrievable format.
It is necessary for the members of the IQAC to shoulder the responsibilities of generating and promoting awareness in the institution and to devote time for working out the procedural details. While selecting these members several precautions need to be taken. A few of them are listed below:
- It is advisable to choose persons from various backgrounds who have earned respect for integrity and excellence in their teaching and research. Moreover, they should be aware of the g round realities of the institutional environment. They should be known for their commitment to improving the quality of teaching and learning.
- It would be appropriate to choose as senior administrators, persons in charge of institutional services such as library, computer center, estate, student welfare, administration, academic tasks, examination and planning and development.
- The management representative should be a person who is aware of the institution’s objectives, limitations and strengths and is committed to its improvement. The local society representatives should be of high social standing and should have made significant contributions to society and in particular to education.
Objectives – IQAC
- To develop an excellent system for cognizant and reliable programmed action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the Dr. D Y Patil School of Engineering and Technology.
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
Functions – IQAC
1. Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for the various academic and administrative activities of the institute.
1) Designing of Faculty diary and revision of the same
2) Designing of Mentor record and revision of the same.
3) Designing Rules and Regulations for Academic related activities
2. Administrative related activities: Actual functioning of the all administrative related activities
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive for quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process;
- Arrangement for feedback responses from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes.
1) Designing of feedback forms for various sections
2) Online feedback
3.What measures can be taken on feedback analysis.
4.Dissemination of information on the various quality parameters of higher education;
1) How to quality in academics can be improved
2) How the quality of teachers can be improve
3) How the results of the students can be improved
4) How the quality of research can be improved
5. Designing quality policies for each parameter and documentation of the same.
6. Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles;
7. Organization of Institute level programs quality related programs
8.Documentation of the various programmes/activities of DYPSOET, leading to quality improvement.7. Acting as a nodal agency of DYPSOET for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of good practices.
9. Development and maintenance of Institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality.
10. Development of Quality Culture in DYPSOET
11. Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) of the Institute based on the quality parameters/assessment criteria developed by the relevant quality assurance body (like NAAC, NBA) in the prescribed format.
Follow up – IQAC
- The AQAR shall be approved by the constitutional bodies of DYPSOET
for the follow up action for necessary quality enhancement measures.
- The Universities shall regularly submit the AQARs to the NAAC/other accreditation bodies.
- DYPSOET shall submit AQARs and/or Quality Radars (QRs) and follow up reports of AQARs to the UGC as and when called for.
- The IQAC must create its exclusive window on its institutional website, to regularly report on its activities, as well as for hosting the AQAR.are (QRs) and follow up reports of AQARs to the UGC as and when called for.
- The IQAC must create its exclusive window on its institutional website, to regularly report on its activities, as well as for hosting the AQAR.
Benefits of IQAC
IQAC will contribute
1. Ensure heightened level of clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement.
2. Ensure internalization of the quality culture.
3. Ensure enhancement and integration among the various activities of the institution and institutionalize good practices.
4. Provide a sound basis for decision-making to improve institutional functioning.
5. Act as a dynamic system for quality changes in DYPSOET.
6. Build an organized methodology of documentation and internal communication.
Action Plan for 2017-18
|Plan of Action||Schedule||Outcome / Achievements|
|Improvement in ICT based learning||June 2019||Faculty adopt new techniques and students will be benefited|
Conduction of social subject related
value added activities
|May 2020||students will be benefited|
|Organizing technical workshop, social
workshop and encouraging student
|August 2019||students will be benefited|
|Organization of inter and intra
institutional workshops on life skills
and engineering supportive skills
|August 2019||Faculties will be encouraged|
|Improvement of quality of research
through faculty publication and
Sponsored student projects.
|November 2019||Research publication will be increased|
|Orientation program for DSE students||October 2019||Slow learners were induced to join
Bridge Course and Advanced learners
were encouraged to join Certificate
|Conduction of feedback from
|August 2019|| Feedback are analyzed and utilized for
overall development of the institution.
|Improvement of results of the students
by maintaining the continuous
assessment through faculty diary and
mentorship diary- identify the issues &
measures to be taken
|September 2019||Remedial Classes will be conducted|
|Approval of action plan||August 2019||The updated plan of action is discussed and approved and put forward to Director for final approval|
|Meeting with IQAC members on quality
enhancement in teaching
|November 2019||A meeting is conducted and plan of action is discussed are given by members|
Monitoring Mechanism – IQAC
The institutions need to submit yearly the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) to NAAC. A functional Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) and timely submission of Annual Quality Assurance Reports (AQARs) are the Minimum Institutional Requirements (MIR) to volunteer for second, third or subsequent cycle’s accreditation. During the institutional visit the NAAC peer teams will interact with the IQACs to know the progress, functioning as well quality sustenance initiatives undertaken by them.